An arbit thought..

I think about the times lost, the moments unshared. Things that I want, that I love... I pray I could obtain them. I know this is wishful thinking, time doesn't stop for anyone. Even suppose it does, what difference will it make to the entire construct of the universe.

We are but a minuscule part of this universe (calling ourself a minuscule is an exaggeration...). The end of this planet and all of its life will make no difference whatsoever. Then why do we pretend that the entire world rotates around us? Why can't we see the bigger picture? Do you really think that by scoring good grades or becoming the richest person will make a difference.

Why can't we leave aside our greed and build a better world. The answer, I guess is simple, we can't because that is how our society has trained us. I use the word "train", because money or fame is how we define success this we were taught right from our childhood. After all, we call Ambani a successful man not a crazy clerk who gives all his earnings to the poor.

Greed for fame, money or power drives our world, how can we set something which drives us aside. I think that is why we believe in God. We believe that there has to be a way to break this chain which we have set on ourself and God is that way. In short, God is somebody who is not greedy, who we believe is more that this world and so we worship him to absolve ourselves from our sin. But in truth-

"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?" - Friedrich Nietzsche


I have come to a conclusion that everything in this world is a hoax, we are a shell living a fake life and will never be able to explore its true possibilities. We have lost this opportunity the minute we were born. So, when people talk to me about money and time being ephemeral it really amuses me but mostly it makes me angry. If it truly doesn't then you have me as your disciple, for then you are truly a master. Else I would prefer if you not talk about these things for I wish to be completely alone with my thoughts on this subject.

I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life. -The Catcher in the Rye

Maybe, then I will truly be free. Maybe...

2 comments: